MedicalMissions.org Awards Honor Those Who Serve the Underserved
Every day, healthcare volunteers here in the United States and around the world help the underserved receive critically-needed care through medical missions work. In 2012, LocumTenens.com began recognizing physicians for their charitable work by presenting the MedicalMissions.org Physician of the Year Award. Beginning in 2017, the company will also honor a CRNA, physician assistant and nurse practitioner for their time, talents and dedication with the MedicalMissions.org Advanced Practitioner of the Year Award.
Two honorees, one physician and one advanced practitioner, will be selected. The company will donate $10,000 to the mission-centered organization chosen by the honoree.
To nominate a healthcare clinician, click the button above and complete the web-based entry form. The deadline for entries is March 1, 2017. Self nominations are accepted. Additional supporting materials can be emailed to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the name of the nominee with the supporting materials.
Eligibility & Rules
Nominees should meet the following eligibility guidelines:
- Physicians (M.D.s and D.O.s), CRNAs, physician assistants, nurse practitioners clinical nurse specialists and certified nurse midwives are eligible.
- Nominees must have been licensed to practice medicine in at least one state in the United States over the past three years.
- Nominated physicians must have completed charitable medical mission work sometime between June 2015 and the nomination deadline of March 1, 2017.
- Nominators can submit more than one nominee.
- Nomination forms should include as much specific information as possible about the nominee's charitable service.
- Organizations receiving award money must submit documentation detailing their charitable service, including audited financial statements.
- Organizations receiving award money from honored physicians must submit documentation detailing their charitable mission if not a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Self-nominations will receive more weight if supported by a third-party testimonial and/or endorsement.